I MUST keep telling myself that everything that moves into our apartment will, eventually, have to be moved out again. Does that stop me from shopping just for the fun/need of getting out of my apartment? Absolutely not. There is much rationalization that goes on in my head, such as, "I don't really need this extra bottle of delicious smelling lotion, but it is so dry in this climate and my limbs will crack and fall off if I don't use it." And so on. Coupons are deadly in the wrong hands.
Most of this behavior stems from the basic human need for not being stuck between the same four walls for more than eight hours at a time. The other fraction of it stems from enjoying unchaperoned shopping. Charles agrees to go with me when he has a book to read, which makes me feel guilty for taking up so much time AND for wanting his input on anything I am legitimately buying for our place. He gets so bored, poor guy. I don't blame him for taking literature, but it is so liberating to go on my own and take as much time as I like - smelling, looking, comparing and going around the entire store all over again just to make sure it has all been covered. Yes, I am a comparative shopper. (An Everlasting Piece)
Not only is it for these reasons that I am so happy to not be working anymore. For those of you who knew me while I had a job, I'm so sorry. What a grouchy friend I was! If I could make it up to everyone, I would. There is nothing like being free from a situation that kills the spirit. All I can say is that I feel young again. Life is good.
No, life is Great!
No comments:
Post a Comment