One of my favorite authors, Robert Jordan, died September 16. He began his Wheel of Time series in 1990 and had started the last book when he passed away. Every time I think about it, it makes me sad. He was young (58) and wanted so much to finish this series/story and move on to other ideas he had in mind. I hope his wife and family are coping well. I also hope, after an appropriate amount of time, they will find the time and strength to finish his saga. Best wishes to Harriet.
It has been a busy week. It will be a busy weekend. Tomorrow is the Whole Enchilada Festival, for which Las Cruces is 'known'. It is celebrated by a restauranteur making the worlds largest edible enchilada. I think it is ten feet across or so. Not that I particularly care for enchiladas, but...
I'm also still on a sugar high this morning from the ice cream and birthday cake last night. Our friends Melissa and Alan and Kelly and Adam (and kids) came over to help me celebrate. We just ate vast amounts of sugar and talked and had a good time. Charles gave me a set of pirate playing cards (including a doubloon and velvet bag) and my parents sent me some cash to go shopping with. So many options! It was a very good day.
As for going to the doctor, I now have an appointment made for mid-October. This pleased me immensely as it will be only a three week wait. I've been told by other receptionists in other cities that the wait was three months to see a doctor. Here in Las Cruces there appears to be a preponderance of midwives to take care of this type of need, but not all of them do gynie work; some are only nurses and cannot actually deliver a baby. There are about five doctors here that actually do both and I am grateful that the one my two friends go to is accepting new patients. (Nice to have their high opinion of him.) So, I am assembling my information and will be ready to present it and see if it means anything to the doctor. After twenty years/five years of marriage/ten months of charting I have my suspicions about what the problems might be.
1 comment:
fingers crossed....
Post a Comment