23 March 2009

sans jump drive

We are having FHE at the library right now and I have realized my jump drive is back home in the nursery/studio where we keep our computer. Alas. Any time out of the apartment is time well spent right now. Mavis is coming into the stage of 'if mommy is not in my line of vision she is GONE'. I was not looking forward to this stage, especially coupled with the gusts of dust and Arizona that have once more begun to howl through LC. This will last into May and most of the population of LC will by then have the look of Jack Nicholson in his role in The Shining. (Yes, you know the picture of which I write.)

Unfortunately, getting out of the house means putting Mavis in the back seat where she is 'safer'. This also means that she can't see me and I am, once again, GONE. Maybe this week off for Charles will instill in her mind that we are both around and that she is Perfectly Fine.

Perhaps it is her teeth. We can't feel anything under the surface of her gums, but she is the expert on the matter.

No comments: