I will have pics of tonight later.Last night we carved our Jack o' Lanterns and today I roasted the seeds. Hate to waste anything that can be used for food, so I'll be trying my hand at pumpkin pie made from pie pumpkins. Which is what we've carved this year. It wasn't as fun as carving big pumpkins, though. The faces are itty bitty.
A milestone today of replacing Mavis' rear-facing car seat with a forward-facing one. *Sigh* She is growing up so fast and now maybe she won't pull Houdinis and escape from her straps. We hope she can sleep sitting up straighter since we'll be traveling for Thanksgiving. At least the seat is well padded on the sides.
I am glad tomorrow is November. Mavis is too young to take Trick or Treating and with Stake Conference tonight there will not be many of our ward's Primary-age children knocking on our door. Lots of things seem to have taken away from the fun of Hallowe'en, the greatest of which is simply growing up and getting older. I thought Mavis would revitalize the holiday for me but that hasn't happened yet. Time will tell. This is our second Hallowe'en with her and we've done the usual celebratory rituals in spite of her littleness. At least they are in place for when she is old enough to enjoy them.
No comments:
Post a Comment