Yesterday I was thinking fondly of Autumn and wishing I could experience it again. We don't get true autumn here and I miss it. Our leaves fall around Thanksgiving which is two months too late for my internal year-clock. This week the temperatures are in the low to mid 90s and the humidity is higher than it has been lately. For a while our swamp cooler actually worked!
Mavis has her first skinned knees from running along the sidewalk here on campus. She didn't cry when she tripped and I am very glad that I can kiss them better but I still feel that she has undergone a right of passage. We'll pull out the pirate bandaids and see if they last fifteen minutes on her chubby little knees.
1 comment:
I keep lamenting the end of summer, but you're right - I should embrace the beauty of fall (and it is gorgeous up here). And bandaids are pure magic - pirate bandaids sound even better!
Post a Comment