07 October 2010
newsletter
Our only piece of mail one day earlier this week was my newsletter from the St. David's Society in Pgh. This was the Welsh Club that I belonged to for an all-to-short time and from which I still receive the occasional update. To see a newsletter in the mailbox is always a little emotional. I read them and want to weep. I want to weep for the missed opportunities of only having been with the Society one year having lived in Pgh for three and a half years, of only taking Welsh classes for one semester-length session, for not being able to take Welsh now, nor talk with anyone on a regular basis who speaks it. I read it and feel Alone in my love of wanting to learn it and speak it. I read it and resolve to do better in my solitary learning pursuit but I still want to weep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment