09 April 2012
Easter
Easter is over and it was a lovely spring day here, not too much wind. It is not only a day to remember the Atonement of Jesus Christ on our behalf and His miraculous resurrection, but to remember that He also created the world and all the beauty within it. I like to celebrate that also during the season of Easter. Creation.
Spring is such a beautiful and hopeful time of year. For the last three weeks I have been able to not only wake up but get out of bed at 6:00 to go for a walk by myself. I have come to relish this time to breathe fresh cool air, think thoughts and pray as I walk. It is calming. It is joyful to watch the trees bud, leaf and fill with bird life. I like to see the world wake up. By the time my half hour walk is over and I am back home I am in a better frame of mind to conduct my day. Would that I could keep it all through the day with my little one. She is so in need of a serene mommy. Her energy is definitely her own, no sharing. One of us needs to keep calm and steady. Sometimes I fear I am not even able to do so while I am sleeping!
With the last holiday of Spring over I feel the rest of the semester stretch out before me as uninterrupted and whole - unbroken by days off or holidays. My younger sister is getting married at the end of the semester and that provides my next day of anticipated excitement. How happy we are for her and her sweetie. Following that there is our move. Blessed day! May I just make it through till then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment