I have been so excited to be in our new house and yet have experienced my first deep and profound disappointment with it.
The piano cannot fit in here.
My piano is an 89-year-old upright. 57 inches wide x 54 inches high x 700 pounds and too big to fit down these stairs and into the living room where I had so lovingly planned to put it. The professional piano movers initially said they would try but then, after some taking of measurements, said they wouldn't. So it was taken over to Emily & Dave's garage where it sits just inside the garage door.
I haven't slept well in three nights for worry that there will be serious damage to it before we can get it installed farther in towards the middle, away from the moisture and drafts. I'm sick about this and can't let my mind rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment