School has started at NMSU and Las Cruces has resurrected itself from the dust of the desert. Students are everywhere and the traffic has increased proportionately. It is still extraordinarily easy to get around, but the campus is busy and it makes me want to go back to school, just a little.
Is it just me or does school actually permeate the air? There is something about the length of the days, the ever so slight tempering of the heat and the cooler nights that sends signals to my brain that school is back in session. Even though I haven't gone myself for eight years I still hear the call and want to go buy school supplies and new clothes.
So our lives had a week to reach a sort of regularity when Charles had to fly to Chicago for his professional conference and this has created a bit of upheaval for me. There is a sort of creepiness to being home by myself at night that has nothing to do with our apartment or our neighborhood. During the day it is normal, as I am usually alone, but after dark...every horror movie I've ever seen comes knocking at my subconcious. *shudder* Only one more night and then my sweetie will be back.
1 comment:
Oooo, I'm with you...I have these total irresistible urges to buy school clothes for the girls! (And even nursery school is a year away. Wow.)
Post a Comment