09 November 2007

Hooray, hooray!

Charles found out last week that, as faculty, he has the ENTIRE week of Thanksgiving off. This means we can go home to Idaho and eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family for the first time in three years. (The last three were in Pgh or DC.) I am thrilled with this news and the plans to be there are beginning to shape up. I've missed this holiday at home more than I can say.

So...the doctor thing. Structurally, my body is just fine for the whole reproduction process. Hormonally/chemically is another matter entirely. But, that is also pretty workable and we are off to a better, more informed start.

This week has been completely abnormally busy for me. I am pretty low-key most of the day. It was my goal to be lazy and I have accomplished that goal with great panache. However, this week was just crazy. Monday I went to the dentist to diagnose tooth pain. That was an hour and a half in the office and ten minutes of chair time with 18 Xrays. Tuesday was a two hour VT visit to one of my ladies. She is great and apparently really needed to talk to someone. Then, two hours later I had bookgroup which is fabulous and our group of six women is exactly what I need. Wednesday was back to the dentist for three hours of absolute hell in the form of a tricky root canal. Oh, the pain! Thursday was my ultrasound and subsequent visit with the doctor. Today I am on campus to listen to Charles give a speech with connection to the work Esther Chavez Cano has done to bring attention to the murders of young women in Juarez. Tomorrow we meet with our new Bishop.

Please, let this week be the last that has me running at this pace. To those who do it every day, and do it with children...my deepest respect.

No comments: