28 November 2007

and back again

I loved being home for Thanksgiving. It was perfect with a touch of snow, great food and my family all around. We played games, we had pumpkin pie for breakfast the morning after and we had turkey sandwiches on rolls. Can it possibly get better than that? Probably, but I'll be glad to enjoy it until that ephemeral thing comes along.

We even made it without car trouble. That is a miracle and anyone who thinks that miracles have ceased has not seen or heard our car once the engine has been started. But on this trip we realized that Angus likes the open road and does very well. It is the slower speeds around town that make him growl and rattle. But we have returned, safe and sound, and there will not be any traveling until Spring Break, if then.

I am ready for Christmas but cannot get down to decorating business until my dental work is over. I had a root canal done before Thanksgiving and went today to get the temporary removed and the permanent crown put on but it cracked in the process of being fitted and so I will have to go back today when they have it repaired. Never underestimate the force that your jaw can exert. She did say to bite down hard. Ahem.

And, just to keep myself occupied, I have three days to write 8,005 words before I finish my NaNo novel. While Charles is in meetings tonight I will be able to type frantically to catch up with him. He finished his novel just before midnight last night with around 50,050 words. It has been fun, surprising and informative. I love to write. I do not do well with deadlines. I like my work to flow more than have it be forced. But, it served to get me typing again and there are even some sentences that give me good chills. Now the only hitch is to get the documents off my old USB-less computer so that I can upload them onto the website.

Thanks, Libby, for your encouragement!

No comments: