I am very, very gradually getting a little baby bump. Pretty amazing for an overweight chick, ain't it! But I was a little worried, so I asked my size 2 mother when she started showing and, sure enough, even though I do not take after her in build or size, she was able to get away with non-maternity clothes until her sixth month. I might take after her in (lack of) pregnancy symptoms and all such related matters.
Now I am starting the second week of my fourth month and feel great. There are little back pains sometimes and major back pain if I move wrong or sit or stand too long, but for the most part, I am doing really well and am very grateful for it. It is nice to know that the major threats of miscarriage that go along with the first trimester are pretty much behind me. This week the baby is about five inches long and weighs about as much as a turnip. I look down at my little bump and shake my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment