Thrilling to be with a group of other people right now as we watch the Inauguration of President Obama at the Zuhl Library at NMSU. I was watching at home and felt like this should be a group event, not one to be experienced alone. Charles needed the car anyway, so I drove over here, let him take it to his appointment and am alternately watching the library TV and blogging. I wish I could impart to Mavis how momentous this occasion is. We have elections every four years, but not always a new President. He is now sworn in and I hope I'll be able to hear part of his speech.
2 comments:
I, too, think it should be a group event - but I'm stuck at home. I'll just be in your virtual group right now. Oh, it is good to hear a thinker and a patriot. That was a great speech and my hope is undiminished!
What a fantastic speech! ...what I could hear of it over the girls asking to watch Blue's Clues...
Post a Comment