Chas is leaving in the early, early for Austin to attend his professional conference. He'll be gone three days and two nights and we'll just see how I do alone with Mavis for the first time. Hmm. She is doing so well with her night-time sleeping habits. We are keeping her awake until after she's had lunch and that makes her a bit drowsy for the rest of the day. I'll do a lot to make sure she sleeps through the night so that I can sleep through the night.Have been reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander books. Halfway through and wondering whether or not I'll want to read her new one of the series that is due out in Sept. She is so rough with her characters and I wonder who she'll have go through hell this time. But she is a great writer and I enjoy her style. I dream of that kind of command of the language. Mavis is not reading these books yet, but this is what she IS reading...The Going to Bed Book. Maybe it is working?
4 comments:
That picture of Mavis reading is ADORABLE!!! I love it. You will be fabulous on your own, but I know you will miss Chas!
I love that picture - being alone with kids stinks, but you'll survive. Have fun!
Ah, now this is what I like to see -- you're doing a great job with her, Jen!
What a tremendous picture! Obviously Mavis has good role models.
Post a Comment