Normally I like staying in hotels. When traveling they are places to stay which have running hot water, breakfast in the morning and cable TV all day long. (The beds are sometimes second to these other factors.) But staying in a hotel room for four days straight with an almost-three-year-old has given me new insight into stress management.Chas has the car so that he can come and go as his work requires him and so Mavis and I are hiding out in the hotel room.
Monday after breakfast and after Chas left we went to the park two blocks away. I pushed her in the swings for quite a while but when it came to sliding down the slide I saw that at the bottom, right where the children land, there was a huge ant hill of very large ants. No wonder we were the only ones there. The locals probably knew this already. So we came back to the hotel because it was getting hot. We haven't been back.
I have increased sympathy for families and individuals who have been displaced from their homes by tornadoes or hurricanes or financial trouble. Yay for four protective walls but oh, how they close in after a day or so.
We will be heading home tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment