21 August 2011

New Semester Blues

One week into the new semester and we are still feeling like it is summer. Our temperatures still climb into the 99* range and that makes it hard to feel like school has truly started or that autumn is anywhere on the horizon like it is in civilized places. I feel sweltered to death. How can everything feel so sticky and be clean at all?

Thanks to Chas' parents Mavis now has a big-girl bed. A full bed for those times when we might have company. She loves it, loves playing on it, loves sleeping on it. This is such a nice thing. I hope the novelty doesn't wear off any time soon. The thing is...I am a little nervous about letting the crib go. We've promised it to a young expectant couple in the ward and once it is gone the last big item of Mavis' baby-hood is gone, too. The crib has also stood in as our last bit of non-hormonal birth control. Not only that, but it is a beautiful crib and I wish we had some way of selling it instead of giving it away. But I'm pretty sure it is one that had been recalled last year and this. Selling is pretty much out of the question.

So not only do we start the new semester, we are starting a new phase of growing up Mavis. What a joy she is. One of these days I must post new pictures of her.

No comments: