06 May 2008

Beebs is...

halfway along. Yes, we did find out the sex of the baby but I don't want to post it right now until I have had the chance to tell my sisters. My brother called on Saturday and I was able to tell him and he was very happy for us. Mom got to go with us to the ultrasound which was something she had never been able to experience during her own pregnancies. Technology in the medical field is truly an amazing blessing.

Everything is going well and Beebs is the right size for 20 weeks. This is reassuring to know as my weight has maintained since my last doctor visit. Pregnancy is, so far, the best diet I could have imagined!

Mom and Dad were here last week and left yesterday morning for Mesa to visit my bro and his family. It was very good to have them come as we will not be going home to Idaho this year. Not only did they drive all the way down here just to see me, but they also brought me the piano! Hooray!!!!! I cannot say enough how happy this makes me. I have craved being able to make music and now I can. While they were here I suffered from self-consciousness and stage fright, but after Charles left for work, I sat down and played some of the music I've had in my folders for fifteen years. It is old but sturdy as the earth and I can still make that piano play. Wow! It was cathartic.

They also brought my desk and nightstand that Dad made for me. These are beautiful pieces of his carpentering craft that will last 500 years and through several generations. Ahhhh, it is good to have these things at last.

We are getting a landline today. For those who know my cell phone number, we are transferring that number to the landline. I hope when I get home that it will be in service.

Also since my last post we received our tax refund and were able to buy a digital camera, so we will eventually be posting pics of Beebs. There will not be any posted of the mommy.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Yaaaah! I'll have to give you a call later to find out about Beebs. Glad the ultrasound went well — it was unsettling for me to have Scott say, "What are you checking for on the baby's eyes?" and hear the ultrasound tech say, "That they're there." Gulp.

I'm about to go gather the girls up from their naps and take them to feed the ducks...and then stop at (get this!) Kickass Cupcakes in Somerville. I have to go just so I can say I've been there!